Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday's Four Links... {because we like the good stuff}

When you need a breather, because I don't know about you, but sometimes a week is wonderfully, nearly over...

1. So I've only see the trailer, but we're looking forward to watching this Saturday night (without the kids, because their too young for such mature themes). "The Good Lie" is about "the lost boys," who were orphaned by the Civil war in Sudan that began in 1983. These young victims traveled as many as a thousand miles on foot in search of safety.. I just can't even being to imagine. Then, fifteen years later, a humanitarian effort would bring 3600 lost boys and girls to the US. Sudan, and the Lost Boys, are close to our hearts because it is a profound, deep part of our children's heritage :


2. Yes, these excuses, I can completely identify with. They keep you from moving forward, from taking a risk, pursuing a dream. And I'm stepping out into something risky, and I've got to toss these excuses to the curb... you?

3. My girl and I are listening to this song these days, "Try," by Colbie Caillat. I think we have it memorized, because we're loving the message... your beautiful just the way you are. And my heart melts, when I hear that 6-year-old girl pray and thank God that she is beautiful, not for her painted nails, or dresses, but just the way she is :


4. So my indoor plants have seen better days. We're all missing the sun around here, because we're in the heart of winter in Ontario, Canada, but I've also been slightly neglectful (overwatering or underwatering). These reminders from A Beautiful Mess, a blog I've just discovered and enjoying, are giving me inspiration to revive my sad looking plants with some TLC.


Happy nearly-the-weekend, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your input is beyond valuable to me... I look forward to reading it.

Stephanie