Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring has Hatched in this Humble House... {Home}

I so desperately wanted to take those bright colors of spring and bring them indoors.

So after a trip to Ikea, we have more color in our living space.




I took pillows from closets and from upstairs beds and took an inventory of what I had.



And just a few pillow covers later, I had more color.

The fine striped pillow is called the "Malin Trad" and the blue and green pillow cases are called "Skarblad."

The pillow cases were just $4-5 bucks. 

An inexpensive upgrade... and I love that I can remove the covers for a quick wash. 



Ikea is also a great spot for inexpensive pots.

I picked up two. A neon yellow for a smaller plant, and a bright white pot for this Boston Fern.




I love this bright white pot, that looks like a pail. It fits our casual living vibe, plus it's an upgrade from that outdoor planter. 

Although, a bright color paint dip may significantly improve that worn out planter. 

So while these little tweaks make a big difference... we also went big at Ikea... and bought this patio table and this umbrella



The patio table is called "Ransby"... and I'm unable to search it on the Ikea site. An FYI for you.. 

We'll show you these two in action soon.... for now, we're on the hunt for some colorful chairs.

This is our fourth summer in our home, and it's beyond exciting to outfit the backyard deck. 

Crossing my fingers that we'll spend many lazy days out there...




3 comments:

  1. Found this blog post while doing a google search for the Ikea Ransby table. We just bought it and 4 matching chairs yesterday! Apparently it is hard to find! We're hoping to be able to find 2 more chairs to complete the set. I'm looking forward to seeing how you style it! I love your taste in decor! Happy to have found your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a fellow "Ransby-er"! I hope you find 2 more chairs! I'm looking for 3-4 colorful (maybe blue?) chairs to complete the set.. we'll see what I can find here in London, Ontario. :) Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. love the umbrella u always inspire me. I will always take my lil sis decorating advice your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your input is beyond valuable to me... I look forward to reading it.

Stephanie